- Published:April 2nd, 2012
Making changes to cron in a terminal is a rather dodgy process (if you’re used to Windows).
1) Log on to the server, type:
You’ll notice it’s a read only environment.
2) To edit press the <insert> key on your keyboard.
3) Make changes. (running cron 4 times an houre is: */4 * * * * … in the first line. Running cron every houre is just: 0 * * * *… (the 0 is the minute to start. If you want to start it 10 minutes past the houre, type: 10 * * * *… )
4) To save and exit, press the <escape> key on your keyboard.
6) Press the <enter> key on your keyboard. The editor should disappear and a message “installing new crontab” should come up.